Message from our principal

Principal Krista Nagy grew up in a Christian home in Cleveland, Ohio as the youngest daughter of Harold and Carol Fawcett.  Her family and also attending Lutheran schools from Kindergarten through college and a Christian college for her Master’s prepared her for the life in ministry to which God has called her.  Scott and she married a year out of Concordia University Chicago and they started ministry in south Chicago.  From there, the Lord moved them to Pittsburgh, Houston, Kansas City (MO), North Royalton, OH, Shanghai, China, and most recently Fort Wayne, Indiana where Scott received his Master’s of Divinity for becoming a pastor.  Krista’s strengths are in ministry focus (despite her “squirrel-like personal focus!), school development, and organizational alignment.  She is a “fervent foodie”, though also allergic to gluten a wheat/grain protein allergy.  Her family loves to travel, especially Emma who is a student at Purdue University in West Lafayette, IN.  Andrew loves participating in youth activities, sports, Boy Scouts, and science programs.  All of them have enjoyed meeting people from all over the world and treasure “multi-everyone” experiences in their lives.  

  • principal Krista Nagy


    (714) 535-3600 Ext. 103

    knagy@zionanaheim.org

  • ACCREDITATION

    Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)



  • Accreditation

    National Lutheran School Accreditation (NLSA)




history of our school

Zion Lutheran Church’s commitment to quality education began as a one-room school in 1909 with only 18 students and became a full-time operational elementary school in 1939 offering programs for Kindergarten through eighth grade. In 1972, Zion Lutheran School complemented its education ministry by establishing an Early Childhood Education Center (ECEC). This facility was constructed on the eight and a half acre property to serve the needs of young children age two and one-half to five. In 1979, construction of new elementary facilities was completed and the school moved to its existing school site on the church campus. In 2002, construction of eight new classrooms and a facility for school-age care, maintenance, and new restrooms were completed to accommodate the growing school. Zion Lutheran Church and Schools now includes a fellowship hall with gymnasium, locker rooms with showering facilities, a computer lab, playground facilities, and a spacious field for physical education activities and recess. 


From small beginnings over seventy-eight years ago, the education ministries have grown significantly and continues to provide a quality Christ-centered environment where students can learn and grow in their relationship to Jesus Christ and to the people in their lives. Zion’s board of education (Zion’s Schools Board) and faculty have embraced the self-evaluation and accreditation process to help Zion Lutheran School provide an even richer spiritual and academic environment. Zion’s first accreditation was the National Lutheran School Accreditation (NLSA) in 1986 then continued to expand its accreditation efforts in 1994 working towards and receiving both the NLSA and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) Accreditation.